water feed for drill press

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion water feed for drill press

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #10226

    I am a fairly experienced fused and am lately starting to drill holes in glass as part of designs.  I now use a small drill press, using a bowl to hold water that the glass sits in so the drill bit is well lubricated.  However, i want to drill larger, more precise holes and am considering a larger drill press (Sears Craftsman 10″ drill press) and am looking for a better way to lubricate the bit.  i have seen some references to using a chuck that takes a water feed so that the piece does not have to be underwater (which makes it hard to be precise).

    Does anyone have experience a product that feeds water to a drill bit?

    Thanks for any suggestions.



    I use kids plasticene. I make a worm larger than the hole to be drilled & stick it in a circle to the glass. Then I fill the well with water. Done it that way for years. I now use diamond holes saws up to 2″ rather than a circle cutter. Tip- pressing the plasticene on the glass dry & it when your srilling it leaks just press it until the leak stops.

    Aslo rememebr the water in the well spills as soon as the hole is thru so I drill on a terry toweling rag.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx