Uroborus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vital-Spark
    Participant

So they are to cease production in 2017. They are trying to sell the company but without investment in the ‘baghouses’ needed to comply with DEQ that might be difficult.

I alwasys used Bullseye but it a shame a competitor & practically the only one will cease. So soon after the Spectrum end its all the more reason to support Bullseye if we want to continue fusing & stained glass.

wordana
    Participant

The Spectrum System 96 line was purchased by Oceanside Glass tile. The purchase included the equipment to produce their machine-rolled glass. So while it is indeed sad that Uro is closing its doors, it’s not necessarily time to go running to Bullseye just yet.

I have great repsect for BE, and I use a lot of their products. I just happen not to use their glass. I just want to point out that, at least for now, plans are to continue the System 96 line, to avoid misinformation being spread. You can read about the purchase here:

http://www.spectrumglass.com/

Best, Dana

Fused Glass Designs

dba Jester’s Baubles

http://jestersbaubles.blogspot.com/

Chichille8
    Participant

What about PW COE 96 ?

Vital-Spark
    Participant

Oceanside manufacture in Mexico. I dont know about Uroboros but I live 15 mins form the Spectrum factory. I doubt they will ship furnaces to Mexico & tile furnaces are very different from art glass types. So even if they build new where will they get the expertize to make art glass?  I hope they do start making art glass. Why else would they buy the name? Its also interesting to see how Oceanside market their tile product. Its thru Tile & mirror companies that are interested in construction projects. However you never know they might just be wanting to diversify. Tiling a swimming pool is somewhat different that art glass!

Of course maybe they will keep the Portland & Woodinville factories going. That would be nice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx