The best BAND-AIDS!

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion The best BAND-AIDS!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  kptarlow 12 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

katkramer
    Participant

As a glass artist (I use the term loosely!) I thought a good discussion would be on the best bandages!

I have found that Nexcare’s "Active" bandages are made of a flexible foam, and they seem to stay on better than any other bandage.

However, my favorite from a "fashion" standpoint is my Hello Kitty Band-Aids.  They don’t stay on very well, but they sure are cute!!

katkramer
    Participant

The Nemo bandages are also pretty cool…and no, I don’t work for 3M!  (So regular HTML formatting, including tables, works in the forum.  Way to go, Paul!)

Nexcare Duct Tape Bandages Nexcare Waterproof Bandages  

Nexcare Active Bandages 

pony1200
    Participant

The nexcare are great -stay on for days (if needed) and the brights are great colors!!  I have found that pretty much any "childrens" bandage work better than other kinds – I guess cuz adult glass workers are as careless as most children!  The Shrek bandages are not too cool – they look like a fungus!

Crazy Woman
    Participant

Those are waaaayyyyy to cute.  On my shopping list for sure!

Crazy Woman

katkramer
    Participant

These just in…

PINK BAND-AIDS for breast cancer awareness!!  It looks like they support the Komen Foundation!

katkramer
    Participant

Oh nooo…..somebody give this girl a full-time job!! 

I’m having way too much fun with this and not getting anything done today. 

Check out these funny bandages by clicking on the link.  There are sushi bandages, pickle bandages, and bacon bandages on this site.

katkramer
    Participant

I like to take the yellow "dot" band-aids on the Active Brights and draw smiley-faces on them.  They DO stick for days!

None of that gummy junk on your fingers from bandages that slide around…

rubenette
    Participant

The Spongebob ones are my favorite, they glow in the dark! :D

katkramer
    Participant

So I guess the question is…

Bandages…is form or function more important??

(Love the SpongeBob band-aids…glow-in-the-dark…no way!!)

rgilbert
    Participant

Yeppers! Good ol’ fashion duct tape. Comes in lots of colors. Guaranteed to stay on in wet and cold. . . . (I wish I had a picture! Duct tape could come in a printed style with Little Yodas lined up as if to say, May the Glass be with You!)

Really, if I have to do a lot of grinding, cutting or construction (this is the stained glass side of my brain speaking now) or I worry about getting cuts or friction blisters, I tape my fingers with athletic tape or the kind of tape used for wrapping horse’s legs. I go to the local Farm and Fleet store and can color coordinate my wardrobe if I want to.

Oh yes, I also use duct tape.

Anonymous

texcyn
    Participant

For even more band aid options and any other kitchy stuff you didnt really know you needed until you saw it here.. http://www.mcphee.com/categories/bandages.html

Texcyn aka Cynthia Gilkey

Glass Fever
    Participant

cerebus
    Participant

Lets not forget the Official Band-Aid of the 2008 Summer Olympics…

“You use a glass mirror to see your face; you use works of art to see your soul” -George Bernard Shaw

cerebus
    Participant

And if a band-aid can do this it should be able to hold up to molten glass.

(taken from a 1954 Magazine Ad)

“You use a glass mirror to see your face; you use works of art to see your soul” -George Bernard Shaw

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx