Taurus saw

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dpfans
    Participant

I have finally saved enough money to buy a Taurus saw. I want to finally be able to do all those crazy cuts that I simply cannot do with a glass cutter or band saw. Can anyone tell me what is the best Taurus saw is to buy and perhaps the place to get the best deal? ( I do not have an EIN # so I cannot by wholesale.)  Do you like yours?  Was it worth the money? Any advice would be appreciated!!  Thanks,

Sharon

Jessek79
    Participant

Hi, I am using a Taurus 3 saw, it is a very nice saw and you should be able to procure one for $350. If you are unable to locate one send me a message and I will help you out.

Thank You

Jesse

marV
    Participant

I too would like to know if this best choice for a saw? Will it cut thicker glass like pattern bars or bottles?

wordana
    Participant

The ring saws like the Taurus are best for cutting intricate shapes. The “blade” is like a thick wire coated with diamonds. It allows you to cut in any direction, since the diamonds are all around the ‘wire’.

For cutting slabs like pattern bars, you really want a tile saw. It’s more difficult to get a straight cut with a ring saw, and it’s hard on the blade.

2 cents, Dana W.

Jester’s Baubles Fused Glass Designs

http://www.jestersbaubles.com

Jessek79
    Participant

The taurus saw has a wide variety of blades from a fine dichroic blades  for the intricae cuts to  blades that are suited for heavy glass, I have the blades and saw available. I also have a Apollo Ring Saw available.

Thank You

Jesse

Jessek79
    Participant

If you want to see some intricate cuts I have spectrum 96 Shapes, look at ebay seller (Jessek79777)

I will be posting more fusing supplies soon and will have Bullseye Molds on soon

Thank You

Jesse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx