Suggestions for a new kiln

Home Forums FusedGlass.Org Website Help Forum Help Suggestions for a new kiln

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    artdivah
    Participant

I am a beginner *newbie* Laughing I would appreciate suggestions as to what kiln I should purchase. I bought one on a “whim”, not knowing that there are different types of kilns out there. I saw the price and grabbed it, only to find out it was a ceramics kiln. The art G-ds were with me, as I was able to turn around and sell it – even making a profit.

I want one to do the following:
    Glass fusing, enameling, pmc, small ceramics and glass jewelry and small slumping.

I am going to be playing with the new toy I get…to find out where my passion takes me, and in which direction. So, for now, I don’t really need anything “high end”.

Thanks!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The good news is that glass kilns keep getting better.

Avoid any kiln that uses pins to hold in the elements. It is a terrible design from which most kiln manufacturers (but not all) have moved away.

For a starter kiln, I’m a big fan of the Paragon CS-14D (http://www.paragonweb.com/CS-14D.cfm).

It is an excellent design (ball groove element design, opens both as a top loading and clamshell, Paragon build quality), reasonbly priced, and plugs into standard 120V 15A outlet.

We distribute Paragon – but I generally only sell locally where I can support them – so the recommendation comes with no hidden agenda.

Paul

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx