Strip Construction questions . . .

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Strip Construction questions . . .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tbach
    Participant

Spent most of the day today cutting 3/8″ strips for an 8×8 square Strip Construction piece. It is pretty straight forward, except that I decided to add an offset circle design and half circle in another color. Now that I have the pieces cut, washed and lined up for fuse, I’m kind of lost.

Since it is 3/8″ thick, I know that it will try to become 1/4″ thick during full fuse. Right now, I have it set up with KaiserLee board dam on two sides, figuring that would allow glass to grow . . . but now I’m wondering if I should dam all 4 sides? My edge line on one side is not very even – planned to take care of that problem after fusing . . . but if I dam all sides, will the uneven side “fill in”? I did not plan to cap this thing with clear tekta, because that would add more to thickness.

It seems so much easier when the plans were in my mind – now I am flooded with questions.

Would appreciate any help you can offer.

CJAlex
    Participant

I do a lot with strip construction, and you really need to dam all 4 sides, or else it will spread out of any undammed areas. You can even up the edges when it is all fused (I use a tile saw). Hope this helps.

Connie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx