Spectrums FUSERS reserve and T glass

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Spectrums FUSERS reserve and T glass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mmtreska
    Participant

Anyone else run into breaking problems days after firing with Spectrums T glass 96 or FUSERS reserve spectrum 96? If so, have you figured a way to work with the issues? Slower schedule for firing?

meredith

wordana
    Participant

Never, I love Fusers Reserve, and have also had great success with t-glass. I would look more to your firing schedules.

Dana

Jester’s

Baubles Fused Glass Designs

http://www.jestersbaubles.com

mmtreska
    Participant

Am using the exact same schedule as I always use with Spectrum glass….300-1150 hold 30, 400 -1400 hold 15, 9999-960 hold 60, 150-700 no hold, cool to room temp before opening. Any thoughts?

meredith

gizzmogirl
    Participant

When I anneal System 96 I always go to 950 for at least 45 min, then 150 ramp to 800 and hold for 10 min. Then I ramp to room temp at a 250 rate. Breaking days after definately sounds like an improper anneal. If it is a continual problem, you might want to get some polarized sheets so you can inspect the pieces for weak spots and fix them with another annealing cycle.

Sarah

Scandia
    Participant

Hi Meredith. Sorry to hear that you had a problem with your piece. I would recommend you try Spectrum’s 8-segment firing schedule (changing step 5 to your desired goal temperature). You can tweak the schedule to suit the size of the piece and the complexity of the design. http://www.system96.com/Pages/FiringGuideF.html

Hope you have better luck after trying the new schedule. We generally use the 8-segment as our go-to schedule (bottom of the firing schedule web page), but the 6-segment is an option that can work well too for smaller, basics designs. Try the slumping schedule posted there, as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx