slumping wine bottles and mica powder

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion slumping wine bottles and mica powder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vurbich
    Participant

I wanted to try and put some mica inside my wine bottles which will be slumped.  Any ideas on how to do this?

Jenny
    Participant

Smile Hi, I would use a straw or something to that image, even cut in length ways, put the mica powder in & gently tap the straw so the powder falls out & move it around to make some kind of design in the bottle..Slump as usual… Hope this works…. Cheers Jenny.Laughing

Pam B
    Participant

Pam B

I have done this…. I just mixed the powder with water and poured it in.. roll the bottle around and let it dry. Even though the bottle was fully covered inside with the powder the mica powder migrates to the edges when the bottle slumps leaving the middle without the powder but it still looks good.

silverchakra
    Participant

Hi! If you use a mica powder that already has a binder in it and mix it with some water it may help it stay more evenly applied, but I’m just guessing. Also you could put a bit of the tack glue (for fusing) in the bottle then add the powder and shake it around. I know these things work when using glass and not fusing so I am just thinking it might work, but I’m very, very new to warm glass work so I may not even know what I’m talking about -lol!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx