Slumping Coca Cola bottles?

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Slumping Coca Cola bottles?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FPRocha
    Participant

Has anyone had success in slumping Coca Cola bottles and maintaining the labels?  It was suggested I use Mexican Coca Cola bottles, but all that is left after firing is a faint white colored background where the label used to be.  The “red” coloring completely burns off and the “white” is almost completely gone.  Anyone have a firing schedule that works?

wordana
    Participant

“Glass paint” is glass, not paint ;). What you have on most bottles is paint. Paint does not hold up in a kiln.

Dana W.

Fused Glass Designs

dba Jester’s Baubles

http://jestersbaubles.blogspot.com/

LongGrassStudio
    Participant

I have experimented with a lot of pop and wine bottles that have stenciled lables. Some fire up OK while many other bottless do not. I have even fired similar bottles (ie all Corona Bottles) and some keep their labels and colors while others do not. I think it’s due to where the bottles are manufactured.

Pat.

LongGrassStudio
    Participant

I have experimented with a lot of pop and wine bottles that have stenciled lables. Some fire up OK while many other bottless do not. I have even fired similar bottles (ie all Corona Bottles) and some keep their labels and colors while others do not. I think it’s due to where the bottles are manufactured.

Pat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx