Skutt Hotstart kiln

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Skutt Hotstart kiln

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cappabma1
    Participant

First let me say that I am so happy that I found this site, and hope to utilize it more and more in the days to come.  Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

I have a Skutt Hotstart Automatic Kiln with a Glassmaster controller. My question is, can I overide the 3 set schdules programmed into the computer. Up until now I have been using the 3 set programs to fuse, tac and slump, but as I am attempting some new techniques I would like to be able to set my own schedules, longer segments and holding times.

As I get braver and try new things, (like pressed glass that I learned from here) I find that I am using this kiln less and less and only using my larger one that I can program. 
    Thanks, Mark

Becki
    Participant

Check your manual.  It should tell you how to switch the kiln to PRO mode so you can enter your own schedules.

Becki

Janis P.
    Participant

Call Skutt and talk it over w/the tech. guys there…they are always willing to help with a tech. question….there is a section in the booklet that came w/the kiln that tells you how to toggle over from the Auto setting to Pro to set your own firing schedules, and you can go to Skutt.com and download a pdf. on the “how-to” aspect also…and you can go into the Auto schedule and manually change settings to higher or lower temps. and holding times…good luck!

cappabma1
    Participant

Hey Janis, I did call Skutt and they told me that my controller can’t be programmed.  I did get a copy of the manual and followed the directions to set it on “Pro” but it dosen’t work.  I’m a little confused though because the controller that is referred to in the manual is the same one I have.  I think I will take your advice and give Skutt another call.  Thanks for your reply,

Mark

mac

Becki
    Participant

That’s strange.  I’ve had this kiln for years and have been programming my own schedules since I got it in PRO mode.  I’d definitely call them again.

Becki

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx