Show and Tell

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Show and Tell

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JanBarker
    Participant

Here is a piece I am hoping to include in my workplace art exhibit.  Would love feedback please!

scglasslass
    Participant

WOW ! It looks quite detailed and lovely.  This is incredible work!

Magic Glass Lady
    Participant

What an exciting piece!!!  How large were the bars that you cut crossways??  Do you use a circle saw for thicker glass and what size blade??

Magic Glass Lady

morganjs
    Participant

I really like your use of colour.  What size is this piece? 

very nice,

Jane

JanBarker
    Participant

The piece is about 7"x7" and it was made in a pattern bar class I took from Phil Hoppes here in AZ.  The bar was probably about 8" x 1" wide and we used a 8" tile saw to get the strips.  Right now its my favorite piece but I am hoping to get back into the studio once the weather cools a bit.  Thank you for your compliments!

NanCee
    Participant

Beautiful. Love the colors.

katkramer
    Participant

Is the piece slumped?  I can’t tell from the picture.

I also love your choice of colors!  Very nice work!

glassmomma
    Participant

Jan……it’s really a beautiful piece!  Great job!!!  :-)

ktischer2001
    Participant

This is a beautiful piece!  The colors are lovely.  I am especially drawn to the reflection in the edges….how did you work them?

Kathy Tischer

Kim Natwig
    Participant

The piece has a lot of visual impact and reminds me of Africa.  Do you have a name for it yet?  To me it looks like a lot of people.  I’d suggest "WE ARE THE WORLD".

Kim

JanBarker
    Participant

I had to think of a name for it real quick for the submission at work and PB by J seemed to work on a couple of levels (the most basic one being: Pattern Bar by Jan).  Not terribly esoteric, but there ya go.

The edges were worked on a wet belt sander and if you saw them in person, you would see right away that its a newbie’s piece.  The reflections are a wonderful effect that I didn’t plan on but will definintely try to repeat in the next one.  And yes, it was slumped into a very shallow sushi mold.

Thank you all again for your feedback!  Jan

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx