Pressed glass technique advise needed please

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Pressed glass technique advise needed please

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  wendyritson 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wendyritson
    Participant

Hi there glass fusers,

For the first time in years I’ve had time to do return to my glass. I’ve been playing with the pressed glass technique and I have come against some problems (all good for the learning curve). Does anyone know why the shelf primer seemed to be pushed or picked up in a circle and left raised lumps in a circle? It stuck to the glass and has left an opaque mark, which won’t wash off. Also as the glass has spread, the outsides of the glass pieces have ghost marks. Do you think this is the kiln wash or sides of the glass?

I used Bullseye glass and a ready made kiln shelf wash. I haven’t attempted this before and with my other fusing’s I’ve always used kiln paper or fibre paper.

The gaps in the glass are probably due to not having enough glass to fill the gaps. I do love how the colours flow and spread. I can see me doing more experimenting with this process, but would love a few pointers and advice before I carry on. I used the process and kiln schedule from the pressed glass article. I wish I could post a photo here to show you.
    Kind regards

Wendy

wendyritson
    Participant

P.S. I’ve uploaded two photos to the gallery if that helps, so you can see for yourself.
    Cheery
    Wendy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx