Opinions Wanted

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Opinions Wanted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m getting ready to add the next round of “stuff” to FusedGlass.Org.

What would you most like to see?

Thanks,
    Paul

lsharik
    Participant

tools or tutorials would be my request

Hope ya’ll are having a Merry Christmas

glassmom3
    Participant

Paul, I like site and would enjoy reading any tips regarding glass fusing, more tutorials and information about various glass tools. Also opinions on different books on glass fusing. Thanks for running a good site.

wind4934
    Participant

I would like to see book reviews on the how to  warm glass books. I order a book due to the discription and once I recieve it, the majority of the time I am very disapointed. Some books sell for 40.00 and up, what a waste of money. thanks, Robert Smith

vicki
    Participant

I would like to learn more about cold working glass for more professional looking pieces.  Thanks,  i really like the things I have seen here.  Vicki Smith

Stephen Richard
    Participant

I’m interested in the higher temperature (above full fusing) work, casting, pouring, etc.  But this may just be available through the forum. You seem to have a wide range of features on the site already.

Steve

glassartguy
    Participant

Paul, I think you are doing a good job with the site. Please support glass artists by continuing to develop as many tips as you can about tools, chemicals, and supplies that we can make ouselves.

There is somthing that would be helpful. Someone mentioned reviewing books about fusing. How about video instruction? I recently bought a dvd about PMC, which I want to learn. Instructionally, and I say this as a professional educator, the dvd was amaturish crap. I emailed the seller and the glass company that sold it to me. I was pleasant and very tactful, I haven’t heard back  from either. Of course, neither will hear from me again. It would have been nice to have been forewarned.

Wen_Winnipeg
    Participant

It’s a great site already, so my only comment is — more!  One thing I haven’t seen elsewhere is–advice on the best studios to study in for glass intensives in different areas.  I know that workspace and teacher-student ratio is crucial to the quality of classes, so guidance on the hotspots and areas of excellence would be so helpful.  

– Wen

Brad Peterson
    Participant

Paul I appreciate your website and all the information you have. One suggestion for your addition to this website is coldworking  tools and techniques. One can never find enough information on that which is an important part of fusing glass as I am finding out. Thank you

Brad Peterson

http://www.bradpetersonsglassart.com

Robin
    Participant

Paul, I too find your site so helpful. Thank you for bringing it to us. Like glassartguy, I especially find the tips about tools and chemicals and whatever we can make ourselves the most useful. I recycle/reuse as much as I am able; anything in that spirit lights my fire.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx