Old controller (ATR 620) I can’t program the rate per hour!
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
- September 13, 2013 at 2:00 pm #10018Siobhan SmithParticipant
II have a ATR 620 controller which does temperature and time, but not rate per hour.
I think I’ve almost worked out how to do it, for example, taking the soft fuse program. Segment one & two is:
1) rate: 300, target temp: 900, Soak: 15 (estimated seg time 3:00)
2) rate: 500, target temp: 1100, soak: 00 (estimated seg time :24)
So, with my controller I’d have to do
1) temp: 900 time:2:45
2) temp: 900 time:0:15
3) temp: 1100 time: 0:24
And so on… two questions, firstly, I want to make sure I’m calculating the rate correctly. If I’m at 1100 and need to get to 1250 at a rate of 100 ‘f/hr. I just want to make sure i’m translating this correctly into my system.
Also, when I need to come up to temperature (or down) AFAS do I just put 0:00? For example
4) rate: 9999 target temp: 1420 soak:15min
5) rate 9999 target temp: 960 soak:30min
temp: 1420 time: 0:00
temp 1420 time: 15min
temp: 960 time: 0:00
temp: 960 time: 30:00
I hope these question makes sense. I really need just the basic how to. I have the manual for the ATR 620 controller, but it doesn’t make sense to me. And I don’t know enough about firing schedules to feel confident I’m programming it in correctly. I hope to get a more up to date controller but as with everything, it costs! If anyone can help me out, I’d be most grateful (it’s also confusing because as a Brit I work in Celsius).
SiobhanSeptember 16, 2013 at 3:01 am #13057AnonymousInactive
You can download the user manual for this controller here:
Also, there is an Excel spreadsheet on this site that does the math for you. Click the “Tools” menu above and select Excel Firing Calculator.
Helios Kiln Glass Studio
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.