New Free Tutorial – Fossil Vitra

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion New Free Tutorial – Fossil Vitra

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For those of you who missed it in the last Glass Craftsman, I’ve put the “Fossil Vitra” tutorial online here on FusedGlass.Org.  Simply choose “Project Tutorials” from the “Learn” menu above.

Here’s an example of the kind of results you can get with this original technique:

Fossil Vitra Tray

sherrieb
    Participant

Thanks Paul–this looks great!

SherrieB

Tosca
    Participant

June Askew

It looks lovely, I want to look at this lesson.  A few years ago I did an experiment with maiden hair fern (native Australian plant grows near creeks).  I decided to put it between two sheets of float glass.  I applied one piece, then the remaining one was accidently soaked in alcohol (for cleaning

purposes only).  After being fired I was happy to see that one piece was black, the other one was pure white so it looked very good.  I hope some give it a try with some American plants, it will

be something new I expect.

Tosca

Glass Empress
    Participant

Are you using dried or fresh leaves in this project?

Deboraha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Green or dried leaves will work.

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

BuddyA
    Participant

I do not have glass powders yet but do have some gold and silver mica powders.  Might they work as well? Would they need a different technique to use?  I have some cilantro and small fern leaves

being flattened between books – I hope to experiment on a small scale at first, perhaps with a pendant.

Thanks

Nancy B
    Participant

Hi Paul,

I am a fairly new fuser and have just joined this forum – so bear with me if I don’t get it right on my first try…(in fact, I believe I originally posted this question in the wrong place. So technically, this is my 2nd try!)  )  Your fossil vitra tutorial got my attention immediately and I can’t wait to try it. 

Quick question on the firing schedule:  The hold column shows 60 min at 900F but the text refers to a half hour hold.  Is a 30 min hold normally sufficient to burn off plant material, hairspray, etc?  Thanks so much.

Nancy B

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx