New “Fold-Over” Pendant Tutorial

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion New “Fold-Over” Pendant Tutorial

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just added to the site.  Be sure to tell your friends Smile

Fold-Over Fused Glass Pendant

From the “Learn” menu above just pick “Project Tutorials”

– Paul

Kay T
    Participant

Just checked in and saw the tutorial.  It was great.  Can’t wait to get out in the studio and try it.

Kay T.

AJMc
    Participant

Thanks for the tutorial– I can’t wait to try it. Finally, a project for my little kiln.

Two questions— what is fiber board, and where can I purchase it?

bookie13
    Participant

Great tute Paul,

I am a “bail whore”. I love to accumulate methods for putting bails on pendants. I even have a course on it. This is another great addition to the list.

Thanks Paul

Barry Kaiser

http://www.kaiserglass.com

sherrieb
    Participant

I bought fiberboard from Delphi, but you can get it from other sources, too.  I think you will need to soak it in mold hardener and fire in the kiln before using in this project.  It looks like the pieces in the tutorial are coated…

SherrieB

Anonymous
    Inactive

Neither mold hardener nor prefiring required Cool

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

sherrieb
    Participant

Just curious if anyone has tried this project in a Paragon II kiln?  I followed the firing schedule, but my strips didn’t budge at all.  I next tried Slumpy’s schedule for slumping, and the best I got was a 50 degree angle.  I’m wondering if that’s good enough to proceed with the second slump for total foldover.  Do I need to go with a higher temp, or longer hold at slumping temperature (or both) to get the strips to do more of a lean towards total foldover before the second step??

SherrieB

Anonymous
    Inactive

Longer, lower and slower is always the best answer – except when it isn’t Wink

I would try and go longer – and only increase the temp if it takes unreasonably long at the lower temperature.

It has slumped enough if the folder-over section leans forward when set up for the second slump – otherwise it can fall backwards and not close the hole.

Hope this helps.

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx