My First Piece

Home Forums Glass Fusing Art and Artwork My First Piece

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is the first real piece I’ve created.  I’m pretty pleased with the way it came out.  What do you think?

rubenette
    Participant

Hmmm, I’m just getting a red X for the thumbnail but I can click it and see the full pic.  Really nice!  I like the contrast of the circles and lines.  Does it have some irid in it or is that just the way the flash reflected off of it?

Wow!

If you don’t have a photo editing program I recommend you download Picasa from Google to edit your photos.  It is free and very user friendly.

mntwmyn
    Participant

Sorry about the red x.  It looks like someone fixed it for me.  I couldn’t figure out why it was doing that.  Thanks to whoever edited it for me.

Thank you.  

Yes, the top layer is an irid gold color layered over bright yellow with two colors of olive green stringers.  

Crazy Woman
    Participant

Awesome for your first piece.  I really like the forms and lines on the base glass. 

You wouldn’t want to see my first piece…..lol…..

Crazy Woman

Becki
    Participant

Very nice first piece!  You wouldn’t want to see my first either!  Good job!

Becki

Ed Richburg
    Participant

I think you did really well for a first piece, because of its size and the number of techniques you used to create it. I see many more fantastic pieces in your future.

Ed

windfire
    Participant

Wish my first piece looked so good!

Debby (windfire)

Jolinda
    Participant

This is a FABULOUS piece…very creative and vital!  :)   KEEP IT UP!!!

Sometimes I think the Art Goddess allows us pure grace in our first attempts…so as to lure us onto the path that will truly have heart for us in the end, but not before we have crawled through the long, inevitable learning curve that emerges right after those first early successes !

“Inside you there’s an artist you don’t know about…Say yes quickly, if you know, if you’ve known it from before the beginning of the universe.”            
                                                                                               Rumi

beamax
    Participant

What a beauty for a first time piece.  I’m still struggling for that illusive perfection.

Bea

4copperstill
    Participant

Congratulations, very nicely done!

katkramer
    Participant

I REALLY like the yellow…I can tell it’s iridescent. 

It’s a clean, simple design that looks like something you might buy at an artist’s gallery.

I never would’ve guessed it was your first piece!

Julia Smoak
    Participant

That’s a great 1st piece.  You are off to a great start!

Julia

JanBarker
    Participant

Did you make your own slumping mold?

mntwmyn
    Participant

No, I didn’t make the mold. It was one I purchased from Slumpy’s.  I’ve picked up another one that is a small oval platter.  I really like that elongated tray shape.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.  I have had a great time playing with color, texture, and sheen.  I am really thrilled with the way it turned out and hope to create several more when classes start again in a couple of weeks.  I have lots of drawings, but I find it difficult to work with them without the transparency and luminosity of glass.  I like playing with the glass itself so much.  I also really like the layering of colors.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx