microwave kiln glass not fusing

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion microwave kiln glass not fusing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bhali333
    Participant

hi

I am new to the forum and brand new to glass fusing. I have a dialop large microwave kiln that i have used exactly 3 times.

my problem is that after my piece has cooled the seperate pieces of glass in the piece that appear to be fused come apart.

i set the piece in th kiln and run it at 70% power for two minutes to heat the glass and the fire for 6minutes on high when the cycle is complete i peek at the piece and it appears to be molten and fused but after cooling when i handle it the different components of the piece come apart.

my microwave is 800 to 1100 power.

any help is appreciated!

bruce

jwbstr33
    Participant

Need more info: How many layers, and are they the same COE?

JW

BelindaV
    Participant

I started fusing glass in a small microwave kiln and had very good luck! The smaller kilns do not require as much time as the large ones normally, but there were times when recycled (old glass found in local dump) took maybe twice as long and I almost always used full power.  With thinner glass and 2 or 3 layers it always fused, but the fusing surface I had was 2 1/2 inches. How large is the inside of your kiln?

Belinda Van Nurden

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx