kiln wash on glass

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion kiln wash on glass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DeDa
    Participant

I am a beginner at fusing – sometimes kiln wash is on my finished glass – what am I doing wrong? It is not happening everytime –  It seems to happen more when I use a thick  glass as a base. 

flowrpowr
    Participant

Hello DeDa

I’m new to the forum, but I will take a stab at answering your question. I have been fusing for about 2 years now, and in the begining I had a real problem with the kiln wash sticking to my jewelry. What I discovered it that if I tried to reuse a primed shelf after I had fired on it once, I would have a mess of sticking wash with that load. Now I clean and reprime the shelf everytime I do a full fuse firing. If I am tack fusing or fire polishing it doesn’t seem to be a problem, and I will reuse a primed shelf. I also use primo primer. Follow the directions for application on the package. I hope this helps.

Lori

DeDa
    Participant

Hi Lori,

Thanks …………………  :>)

Deda

lkallen
    Participant

Hi DeDa.

Been fusing for multiple years using BE kilnwash, and reuse the wash for multiple firings.  I found that if you drop tmperature about 20 degrees with a full fuse, increase soak time to compensate for the temp difference, you won’t have sticking.  Could also be sticking due to type of glass, I’ve found opals have kiln wash stick more that other types.

Regards,  Kent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx