Help to a beginner

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vernelle 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Natana
    Participant

Natana 1st Item

I am a beginner. Attached please find a piece. Can someone suggest what caued the arcs ?

Thanks in advance

Natana

thomas decker
    Participant

looks like your background is a single layer of glass .   without knowing your fusing schedule it looks like it was held at to high  a temp . for  to long.

Vernelle
    Participant

I agree that it looks like a single layer of glass which can cause an arch at too high a temp.  Or the slump was really deep.

Please describe the set up.

Natana
    Participant

Thank you for your quick answer.

The glass is Float 3 mm 170X370 mm. and the flower is hand painted.

The first process for fusing the plower color was on a flat surface, heating at a rate of 300 deg per hour up to 500 C, and stay for 5 min, continue heating at the same rate up to 785 C and stay for 15 min. The results was nice color fusing with nice adges.

The second process was on a square mold 20 mm deep. The heating process was the same as the first one, but the max temp’ was 720 C instead of 785 C. The results is the attached picture.

Natana.

Vernelle
    Participant

You fired too high for slumping into the bowl.  Slumping occurs around 593 C or a little above this.  Although I don’t use float glass.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx