Have any of you read Boyce Lundstrom’s book on “copper inclusions”? If so, have you tried his method?

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Have any of you read Boyce Lundstrom’s book on “copper inclusions”? If so, have you tried his method?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    glassy
    Participant

I wish to do a few of Boyce’s projects on copper inclusions made with enamels, thickening agents and sheets of copper.

However, instead of using the enamels that he sells on his website, I plan to purchase others. His containers are way too big for my needs. He sells “metal’ enamels (cobalt, zinc, etc.). Can Thompson or Ferro brands be used instead? I do not know what he means when saying they are made of metal. Can someone explain the difference between a metal and a glass enamel? Are they actually the same?

If anybody has tried his method, perhaps you can give me a couple of pointers?

Thanks,

glassy 

bcxpressions
    Participant

I have done one copper inclusion – I used a powdered glass instead of enamel – worked for me – Will use enamel with the next one – I don’t know the brand I have , but be sure a get the high fire enamel not the 300 degree type

Jolinda
    Participant

I have all the books Boyce has written on glass, that I know of.  I have made metal inclusions based on the information in the Raku book, which made it very easy and quite affordable. The results were unique and very impressive!

I have only used the enamels I got from him as I am interested in getting the best results with the least amount of time and experimenting.  All my projects turned out above and beyond my expectations!  Try it out…it’s very easy and fun!

Thanks,

Jolinda

Windows listen attentively for the sound of broken glass.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx