Glass that looks like Water

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Glass that looks like Water

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #15671


    i have a small Kiln (Uhlig U5) and I want to fuse / slump the following shape.
    It should be a cylinder with a diameter of 4 inches and a thickness of 1 – 2 inches.
    The Bottom should be flat but the Top should look like waves.
    Think of it like a glass of water which is gets instantly frozen while its in motion (I hope that makes sense…)
    The Glass should be transparent and have a smooth surface. You should be able to look trough the glass
    without seeing any kind of diffusion or bubbles. Of course there will be distortion but it should look like it’s actual water.

    Here are some images i uploaded for you to see the shape i´m after:

    My idea would be to find a stainless steel ring with an inner diameter of 4 inches and a height of 3 inches.
    I would then place the ring on a stainless steel plate and cover the inside with thinfire paper.
    I guess bigger pieces of glass (frits) would be the right choice to avoid to many bubbles.
    I would fill up the ring with glass and create higher and lower areas to achieve the waves on top of the cylinder.

    What do you think about this plan? What schuedle would you use?
    I´m very new to working with glass and could use your opinion or ideas to realise that project.
    Thank you so much in advance!


    Jeff, since you haven’t had a reply maybe you could post on fused glass org on Facebook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx