glass jewelry forum

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Would anyone be interested in a forum for jewelry pieces specifically?  I asked Art Jewelry Magazine about adding one, but they said not enough of their readers worked in glass and suggested that I try the forums on fused glass sites.  I find that a lot of info–esp. firing schedules–are geared toward larger pieces and larger kilns. 

sazzygal
    Participant

I think it’s a great idea! There are a lot of people who make jewelry and this would be a good place to share schedules, ideas and any other info that would be of interest and/or help.

hahaannie
    Participant

I think a forum is a great idea.  I have been working with dichroic glass all summer and selling my pieces at the local Farmer’s Market.  I have done other 100 firings trying to figure out the best way to do it.  I think I’ve been making it too complicated.  I’d love to exchange ideas with people.  Annie, Lopez Island, Washington

glassartguy
    Participant

I’ve just started making a lot more jewelry. I’d love a forum.

Glassartguy

djtdragon
    Participant

I would be interested. Jewelry is an excellent way to use those smaller pieces of glass we all end up with. Not to mention, small pieces are an excellent way to experiment.

Dan Thompson

flamewerks
    Participant

I’m just getting started with fusing and will likely start small, so a jewelry forum would be a really great addition.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jewelry forum now online :)

Thanks for the great input all!

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

BreadandBadger
    Participant

This is great!! I’m just getting into learning about fused jewelry and kilns, and I can use all the help I can get! :)

Amanda
    http://www.breadandbadger.com – website
    http://www.badgersandwich.com – blog

sherrieb
    Participant

Thanks so much!  This is great!

SherrieB

Anonymous

You Rocks Buddy.

Tosca
    Participant

Hi   I have been making dichroic pendants.  I think there are many ways to turn out something a bit different.  I had a tutor who made her living out of glass partitions & rather big projects.  It meant that her ideas were restricted.  I have a new Evenheat kiln which is for PMC or Glass.  The programs were set for me which makes it a bit easier, however, we all have to get used to the kiln we have.  Can I suggest you contact the company who made your kiln & ask them for the appropriate schedule for your kiln, that could be the starting point.  I have used dichroic on black mounted on black glass & then covered with a larger piece of clear which does make the dichroic colours stand out.  I have now decided to use dichroic on clear but to use other coloured glass to accentuate the dichroic on clear.  You can put the dichroic on face down too, then if you have colour underneath it will look better.  You need to choose your colours well, according to what I read, red goes first otherwise it blocks out all colours beneath it.  Possibly that could happen with cobalt blue as well.  I know a person who sells heaps of jewellery, she experiments a lot but doesn’t put any clear on top.  To me it looks o.k. but the dichroic doesn’t get the same effect being left to just the sunlight or night lighting.  I think Wet Canvas also have a small area for glass fusing, there are also blogs on Warm Glass.  You need to join & go to tutorials for information.  If you are a member you can ask for help.

Tosca

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx