Glass Forming Class in Florida
Home › Forums › Glassifieds › Classes, Instruction & Websites › Glass Forming Class in Florida
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 5 months ago by petra kaiser.
- October 4, 2010 at 11:36 am #9470petra kaiserParticipant
Ultimate Kiln Forming – Functional and Expressive Glass Art
or: Nearly Everything is Possible with Kaiser Lee Board
Make IT truly YOURS. In this hands on class Petra will teach you how to add interest to your glass art by combining subtle design elements with unusual forms and beautiful color combinations to maximize the effects of light reflections.
This 2 day work shop has four major components:
- Surface decoration techniques such as coloring with glass powder paints, custom mold making for carving and shaping glass design elements using KL- Board
- Create a 2” or 3″ deep bowl using System 96 glass and a KL-board mold which you will make in class and use to full fuse and slump in one firing.
- Demonstration and lecture session outlining Petra’s latest ideas and developments in her glass art, made possible through KL-board.
- Unsusal kiln formed jewelry
Working with KL-Board is liberating, the rules and restrictions are minimal and the mold making process is fast, instant and easy. KL- Board can be used over and over again and the goal of this class is to demonstrate how to make versatile and adaptable molds that you will enjoy for a very long time. It is easy to carve for relief molds; it is sturdy enough for drape molds and takes all the heat for re-usable casting molds.
Saturday, Oct. 23, and Sunday October 24, 2010
from 10:00am to 4:00pm + Happy Hour
With 4 students in the class their will be enough time to address your individual question. Please bring mishaps and pictures of your work.
Costs: $ 400 (includes $120 in materials)
This class is limited to 4 people, so make sure to reserve your spot today with a 50 % down payment which is the price reflected in the shopping cart. Please be aware that the final cost for the workshop is $400.00 (this includes $120 for materials).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.