Fusing Question??

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Fusing Question??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cdchilds
    Participant

I’m making some fused glass suncatchers for a craftshow.  Check my kiln and for some strange reason some of my dircrohic detail work has popped off a few of the suncatchers.  What would cause this?

I tacked glued them on with thined white glue, they dried and then I placed them in the kiln. 

I’v actually made these suncatcher before and I’m using the same firing as last time.  I had a perfect firing.

Any advise on what may be the cause?

Thank you,

CDChilds

Pam B
    Participant

Pam B

have you made sure your kiln is still level?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you saying the glass moved while firing – or that the pieces came apart after the firing was complete?

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

cdchilds
    Participant

Hi Pam,

Yes my kiln is level.  I have a paragon GL24 front loading kiln.  I’v had it now for about 5 years.

CDChilds

cdchilds
    Participant

Hi Paul,

The glass popped off in some areas.  While the actual suncatcher remained in tack.  It was the dichroic detail that popped off around 1089 degrees. 

I took a peek through one of my peep wholes and noticed that a few of the dichroic pieces had popped off and flipped over.  The pieces I’m speaking of are very, very small.  When I realized what had happened I aborted my firing. 

After the kiln cooled I repositioned the pieces and fired again with no problems.  I was just wondering what might have caused this to happen.

Denise

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx