Fusing Mica Powders

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Fusing Mica Powders

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jeanice
    Participant

Wow Cathy, they have such an enormous selection of mica powders!  And since the have such inexpensive samples you have the opportunity to try many colors.  Thanks for sharing such an amazing link.

Jeanice

josthings
    Participant

I had a huge stash of mica left over from my paper and poly caly days.

I useda sticky pad and rubber stamp to grab the powders and hold them in place and then capped them with clear, came out amazing, some of the owders gave off lots of bbbles but it worked out really well and added to the design.

I have been working on my new class schedule and added a section for inclusions and my powders are going to be part of that class, will post pictures after they are done.

HaleyB
    Participant

Another source for mica is http://www.tkbtrading.com/

Their customer service is fantastic. I order cosmetic grade mica often and I can’t say the same thing for other suppliers. BTW- various suppliers rename colors instead of sticking with the manufacter name so if you order from more than one site you might end up with duplicates unintentionally.

TKB labels each mica with the ingredients (mica is a clear sort of redish mineral, the colors come from additives) and you can see the information before you order. Below is an example (antique copper) of the info listed.

FDA Approved for:

LipsEyesFace, Nails

Use in Soap:    Stable and Non-bleeding

Particle Size:    Not available

Ingredients:
    Mica7701912001-26-2
    Titanium Dioxide7789113463-67-7
    Iron Oxide774911309-37-1
    Iron Oxide774991317-61-9
    Warnings:  Wash hands after handling.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx