fusing dichro frit

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion fusing dichro frit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DarylCohen
    Participant

I want to fuse dichro frit ( which I hope I can make) and then cold fuse onto black regular glass, what is the best glue to use just to get it to the kiln?

Vernelle
    Participant

I go to the dollar store and get the White Rain, pump not aresol, hair spray.  Pour a little in a cup and use a tooth pick to put a drop on the bottom edge of the frit as it is setting on your base piece.    You will see the liquid seep under the glass.  Let dry about 10-15 mintues.

Vernelle

Stephen Richard
    Participant

Of course the above is not permanent.

Stephen Richard

blogs at: http://www.verrier-glass.blogspot.com/   and  http://www.glasstips.blogspot.com/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I greatly preferred “home made” dichro frit.  The commercial stuff is coated on about 70% of the surface – which sounds like a good thing – but that can be problematic getting smooth surfaces since dichro film wont fuse to dichro film.

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

DarylCohen
    Participant

Thanks for that info Paul, appreciate it. How does a gold Ferro ceramic pen work on the center of a plate then covered with clear glass?

instructor here in Tucson said I could use a cheap coffee grinder to make the dichro frit. Anybody ever try that

DarylCohen
    Participant

I’ve been told to use blue gel Elmers glue, White Rain hair spray and even nail polish ( sally Hanson) to glue the frit and glass chips to the clear glass in order to get to the kiln. Anybody tried these?

LauraJo
    Participant

I’ve successfully used regular Elmer’s and clear nail polish as adhesives.  Had some trouble keeping the hairspray where I wanted it… and had more overspray than I’d hoped for.

And too much Elmers can leave a whitish glob behind, so be a minimalist if you go that route.  Applying with a toothpick helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx