firing schedule for small jewelry pieces

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion firing schedule for small jewelry pieces

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    maryt
    Participant

I am fusing my small jewelry pieces at the same firing schedule I fire my big pieces.  Sometimes they get small snags on the corners and I’m thinking it’s too hot (1465 for 96 coe) or I’m holding it too long.  Any suggestions for a good schedule for jewelry pieces (two layers, two inches max)?  Thanks

jaycee
    Participant

I have had good results firing at a higher temp.  Try raising it to around 1500 degrees F.

wordana
    Participant

I have had good luck firing to 1000 deg F at a rate of 1000/hr, then full speed to about 1475-ish, hold for 15 minutes, flash cool to 1000, and then just letting it cool on its own. I have a small paragon kiln with the bead door & view window.

The only time I have gotten rough edges is when I have tried to use a small strip of fiber blanket to leave an opening, and the top piece was smaller than the bottom (I was learning and clueless. Well, I still am :)

Dana

Anonymous

<!– /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:”Cambria Math”; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-PH;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} –>

In a global world, fashion is one of the choices of women. Fashion has become a feature in today’s global world.
    Some features of the global women in fashion among others:
    1. You travel in style
    2. You comply with the applicable rules in force throughout the world.
    3. Your relaxation session accompanied by the smell of morning dew […]

rolex watches

prince71
    Participant

Jewellery designers are often professionals with knowledge of gemology, metalsmithing and rendering in order to cater to buyers. Designs can be initiated in a special jewelers model wax or even in metal (silver) in order to create a mold where an unlimited number of the pieces can be cast in gold, silver or platinum.

petra kaiser
    Participant

One of our workshop participants had beautiful jewelry and when I asked him why, he was so kind to share this info with us. Fire lower than usual and hold a bit longer. In my kiln I take it to 1420 and hold for 15 to 20 minutes.

petra kaiser – http://www.kaiserlee.com – Students Blog: http://www.myglassart.or

chinamimi
    Participant

Thank you for the article. I just about passed your we site up in Bing but now I’m glad I clicked the link and got to go through it. I’m definitely a lot more informed now .pandora charms

pandora
    Participant

What an inspiring article you wrote! I totally like the useful pandora jewelleryinfo shared in the article.pandora uk
    I like your ideas about pandora charms online and I hope in the future there can be more bright articles like this from you.
    I totally agree with you on the point of prescription cheap pandora charms. This is a nice article for sure.
    I am glad to read some fantastic pandora charms sale article like this.
    It has been long before I can find some useful articles about pandora charms uk. Your views truly open my mind.
    Great article, it’s helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about
    pandora bracelets.
    Good job for writing this brilliant article of cheap prescription pandora charms bracelets.
    pandora bracelets sale info, it helps a lot.
    Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about rx pandora bracelets uk
    Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more progressive pandora beads articles from you.
    We share the opinion on progressive pandora beads sale and I really enjoy reading your article.
    You have given us some interesting points on pandora beads uk. This is a wonderful article and surely worth reading.
    I appreciate your bright ideas in this pandora necklaces article. Great work!
    This is the best pandora necklaces sale article I have ever found on the Internet.
    I love this mens pandora necklaces uk article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.
    I really like this pandora article, and hope there can be more great resources like this.
    Great resources of bifocals pandora jewelry ! Thank you for sharing this with us.
    I greatly benefit from your pandora bracelets articles every time I read one. Thanks for the prescription
    Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more discount pandora bracelets sale articles from you.
    This gleitsichtbrille cheap pandora bracelets article is definitely eye-opening and inspiring.
    This is a wonderful pandora charms article and surely worth reading.
    Good job for writing this brilliant pandora bracelet article of red bull hats for sale. You have given us some interesting points on red bull hats cheap.

kettyharris
    Participant

Nowadays, we find different types fashionable colorful jewelry took the place of precious jewelry. It drew the attention of many customers and getting a very valuable response from the countrymen.

KristenLund
    Participant

My grandmother has lots of her old jewelry and she wants to fire it and make new designs. I came to know about this news by a popular essay writing company service when I was browsing the internet. I want to bring my grandmother’s gold, but before please lets us know what kind of designs do you actually have and how much you charge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx