Embedding in to fused glass

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Embedding in to fused glass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DarkCandle
    Participant

Good afternoon.

I’ve been working with resin for a few years, and I’ve done embeds of all materials. I accidentally got into glass (order a high-temp mold, turned out to be a glass mold) and I’ve been researching glass fusing.

I am getting ready to order a microwave kiln but I wanted to ask… is it possible to do metal embeds into glass?

One of my more popular items was this pendant http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O3NR6WK in a crystal clear acrylic base (I nipped off the top and put it in the center, so it would look like it was floating)

I’m wondering if the same thing can be done with glass… get the right mold, fill partway with frit, place the pendant (or fuse THEN place the pendant) cover with more frit and fuse.

My only real concern would be fusing with that particular pendant inside, since it IS metal, and I will be using a microwave kiln…

Any advice?
    <3

Chichille8
    Participant

I do that in my electric kiln: place the piece of metal on top of the glass and do a total fusion. The metal will end inside the glass. Ajusting the temp. and the time will vary the deep of the metal in the glass.

I don’t know about microwave; but as many microwave accept metal, I guess it should be possible to get similar.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx