DECALS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    midnighttoo
    Participant

hi!

i’ve seen some beautiful pendants that have decals on them.  some are flowers, not the gold ones but the white ones or different lighter shades.  does anyone know where to get these?  how to apply?  any suggestion?  they are awesome and add such a beautiful touch!  thanks Cool

candi

Lioness
    Participant

I buy decals at d & l stained glass. If this is not helpful I’m sure you can google decals and find them that way. Good luck.

Lioness
    Participant

I just ruined a half a kiln full of 22k gold Decals We used profusion decals and I don’t know what happened. We put them on and fired at the 1140 some degrees they say, they were fine at that point… Then I guess we pushed it and placed the clear on and reran the ovens at a full fuse.Heat is 1475 hold 5 min.and they baked. So we don’t know how these work and I did read the other post . I guess I mis understood something or …..don’t know how to follow directions  Embarassed Thanks for any help.

Lynn g
    Participant

Check out Instar Enterprises. 
    They have a great selection and you can buy the decals individually.  The low-fire/glass decals are meant to be used on already-fused glass; the ceramic decals can be used in the fusing process.  I haven’t tried clear-capping their gold decals, but they turn out beatifully.

midnighttoo
    Participant

sorry to hear about your problem.Yell i just used the same decals last night and they came out perfectly.  if you still have the directions, please take a look at them for me.   on the back right at the bottom, it says (in bold print) that these are “low fire” decals and to fire them at 1140F-1225F.  since you cannot cap anything at this low temp, i just assumed that these are to be used on top of the piece and without any clear on top.  plus, i read a lot and another site had explained to me (before i bought the decals) that they are to be placed on top of the piece. so, the moral of this sotry is…….decals on top.

so, i hope this helps.  another suggestion is that even though i’m new to this glass fusing/dichroic stuff, i always practice on a couple of pieces the first time i try something new.  i go to my “box o tears” and grab a peice that i’m not so proud of and try new things on it!

well, good luck with the decals, i know that once you get the temp right, you’ll love ’emTongue out candi

kimshi
    Participant

I saw some very pretty decals from delphiglass.com…….You might want to check them out. Kimberly

beaderydestash
    Participant

We make and sell our own decals for glass fusing, high fire.  You can cap over it or leave it on top we have had great success with each.  They also look great ontop of dichroic.

http://www.beaderydestash.etsy.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx