Cutting melt pot piece

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Cutting melt pot piece

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #9474

    Newbie question: I need to cut a melt pot fused piece down the center in a wavy line…. can this be cut with a glass cutter?  or do I need a band saw?  If I need a saw, would there be shops that could do this cut for me…ie: window glass shops,stained glass shop. I don’t have a saw  yet and desperately need to get this project completed.  thanks

    petra kaiser

    How thick is your pot melt. We have cut thick glass (appr. 4 layers), using the glass cutter on the top smooth service of the glass and than turned it around and tapped along the cut on the back of the glass. If you can’t see through your pot melt, you should make a pattern of your wave and draw it on both sides before you cut and tap. Some stained glass stores let you use their equipment for a fee. Good luck!

    petra kaiser – – become a fan:!/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx