Cutting Fused Glass Bar

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Cutting Fused Glass Bar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tbabb
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone has information on cutting fused glass bar with a wet tile saw.  I was looking at Lowes and found a Skil wet tile saw with tile diamond blade, I am wondering if this will cut glass bar?

Vernelle
    Participant

I got a wet tile saw from Lowes but don’t remember the brand,   was not an expensive one.  With the diamond blade I have been able to cut fused glass pattern bars.

two hands and fire
    Participant

Can you do it with a Ring Saw?  Pattern bars are on my “gotta try” list, and I was about to start searching for the best method to cut them, myself!

Vernelle
    Participant

Is it a ring saw for glass?   I have the old Diamond Tech. ring saw that had a fusing blade on it that I have used to cut pattern bars with.  But the tile saw is quicker.

wordana
    Participant

A ring saw removes a lot of glass material, and I imagine cutting thick pattern bars is hard on the blade.

We have a tile saw (that came from Lowes) and I keep meaning to try to find a diamond blade for it. Of course you only think of those things at inconvenient times, not when your at Lowes :)

Dana W.

http://www.jestersbaubles.com

CC
    Participant

Habor Frieght sales tile saw at a cheaper price. Remember to watch the trickness of the bars you want to cut. The small tile saw only cut just over a inch.

bhawbaker
    Participant

I have a cheap Ryobi tile saw.  I purchased a glass blade from Home Depot for about $30.  It works well for cutting pattern bars, which are too thick for my ring saw.  And the blades are cheaper.

wordana
    Participant

I’ll have to check out Home Depot. Wish we had a Harbor Freight. I have started to order on-line from them several times, but haven’t. I just need to bite the bullet, because it would be nice to have a cheap supplier of diamond blades and drill bits.

Dana W.

http://jestersbaubles.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx