coral bowl draped on wrong side

Home Forums FusedGlass.Org Website Help Suggestions & Feedback coral bowl draped on wrong side

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nevi 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nevi
    Participant

Hi,

I’m New so please be kind!!! I have just made a coral bowl and draped it on the wrong side. By this I mean that the lovely glossy side is on the outside of the bowl and inside (which is most visible) is flat as this was against the seperator.  The bowl is about 8 inches in dia.  Can I fire the bowl again to flatten it so I can drape/slump it again with the correct (glossy ) side on the inside. I await any feedback with great excitement. Thank you in anticipation.

Nevi

catbrac
    Participant

You can try slumping it flat again but it may not turn out exactly as it was before the first slump.  When slumping into a bowl form there is some stretching of the glass.  Experiments are part of what makes this art form so exciting.

Nevi
    Participant

Thank you for your advice.  I did slump it flat again (very carefully and watching all the time) then I slumped in a bowl and it worked beautifully. It looks great and I must agree that this art form is very exciting.  Can’t wait to open the kiln again and again!!! Thanks… Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx