Class Locations

Home Forums Glass Fusing General Fusing Discussion Class Locations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GeorgiaWood
    Participant

Paul, I’ll begin by asking if you ever take your ‘Show on the Road’, as in teach in locations other than Helio’s?   Also, is it permissible for others to recommend where good classes are taught, here on your Forum? 

The more I learn on line the more I realize how woefully inadequate my training has been. 

wordana
    Participant

If you have the opportunity, the Glass Craft & Bead Expo is held annually in Las Vegas — usually about April-ish. There are very good instructors there, a large exhibit hall with vendors, and several hundred glass-a-holics :)

Dana W.

Jester’s Baubles Fused Glass Designs

http://www.jestersbaubles.com

GeorgiaWood
    Participant

That sounds great Dana, thank you for the tip.  I’ll get on the show’s mailing list so I receive next year’s details.  It’s been quite a few years since I was last in Vegas.

Georgia

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very little travel for me these days.  That will probably change in the future, but right now Helios takes 120% of my time.

I have no problem with people recommending and discussing classes here on the forum.  I do ask that people promoting their own classes do it in the “Classes, Instruction, and Websites” forum.

Also, any criticism of a class should be kept constructive and respectful.  If you took a class somewhere that you were not happy with, I would hope you would give the instructor/studio your feedback directly before publishing it here.

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

katkramer
    Participant

Paul, you apparently have fans outside of Austin.  How can you possibly deprive them of the joy of taking a Paul Tarlow class??  Laughing

Seriously, I’ve run into people who are interested in taking classes at Helios from you…not visiting instructors, but you!  Their only concern is that many of those classes are held over four weeks or so.  Any other people interested in road-tripping to Austin for three-day intensive Paul classes?

Just looking out for my fellow glass artists and future Helions.  Share the love!  So many cities are lacking what we had in Austin!

GeorgiaWood
    Participant

That would be great, to have a 3 day workshop with Paul.  I could make Austin in a day I believe.  I’m in Lower Alabama near Dothan.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kat, you are a trouble maker :-)

We do offer “Boot Camps” at Helios that happen over 4 or 5 consecutive days.  The next one happening (that isn’t already full) is March 2014.  We are trying to get more on the schedule – but (again) just not enough time.

To be notified when we announce more, you can sign up at:

heliosglass.com/email_signup.htm

Be warned, we send out an email about once a week.

Paul
    FusedGlass.Org
    Helios Kiln Glass Studio
    PaulTarlow.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx