Bullseye

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Vital-Spark
    Participant

Now Oregon Gov/DEQ seem set on closing Bullseye I for one have no problem sending a telegram to Kate Brown the OR. Governor telling her to work with tem instead of closing them. What a way to run a State! There are more polutants that are far are dangerous getting pumped intot the envoinment & Bullseye are fitting anti polution filters. It cost me $18 to send her a gram – worth evey penny. Cant imagine how many poeple will be out of work becuas of this.

tenorvell
    Participant

I sent a telegraph tonight.  This is heart breaking!  I am sick to death of the government sticking their noses in to the peoples business at every turn and then to add a list of materials not even in question!

Absolutuely unbelievable!

dcoup
    Participant

I sent a telegram this morning stating, If Bullseye Glass doesn’t survive I stand to lose everything.

Glass fusing has helped me recover from some health issues and I have been working to start a small buisness amd I already have an investment in glass and equipment. I will hold comment on want I think but I hope the telegrams people are sending will help. David   FWB Florida

lbreakie
    Participant

I sent a telegram to Gov. Brown. I hope many do the same. LJB

ReneeC
    Participant

I sent a telegram this morning

By shutting down Bullseye, the State will also cripple an entire industry that depends on their products.

Given that Bulleye has been proactive in correcting the problems perceived by the State, I would expect the State to give them time to do such!

Renée Coon

spamcar
    Participant

I sent a telegram this a.m. expressing the importance access to Bullseye glass is to my livelihood.

ufo2826
    Participant

We (Joan and I) sent a telegram this morning encouraging the Governor to work WITH Bullseye.

Ed Angel

Georgetown, Texas

kgraybea
    Participant

Sent the following telegram this morning.  “PLEASE REVERSE UNFAIR AND UNPRECEDENTED DECISION THAT WILL DESTROY BULLSEYE GLASS. SMALL MANUFACTUERS ARE LIFEBLOOK OF OREGON.”

I am a stained glass hobbyist, an Oregon resident, and have worked in finance departments for Oregon manufacturers for over two decades.  I find the Governor’s action appalling and believe it is simply a calculated political move in an election year.  Larger manufacturers in Oregon have received much more forebearance in handling environmental issues.

Kimberly Graybeal

Vital-Spark
    Participant

I am fortunate in being able to visit the Portland Bullseye factory/resource center. I visited on Tuesday 1st June. The place is real quiet with no glass being made. There is still glass in stock & in fact i bought lots. There is no more information other than what we all know. The Cease & Desist order is still in place. Uroboros are working but they too are subject to the ‘metals’ restriction albeit they did not set off the lead monitor at the center of the Cease & Desist order. They use the same additivies so well be no better off in the future. As far as I know they have not started installing ‘baghouse’ filters as Bullseye have. Frankly for the industry to change to Uroboros would be next to impossible. I doubt they would be able to cope & do not have a complete range now Spectrum have gone.

wordana
    Participant

Bullseye has reached an agreement with the DEQ. You can read BE’s press release here:

http://www.bullseyeglass.com/news/bullseye-reaches-agreement-with-oregon-deq.html

I’m sure BE will keep their news page updated with any new developments. It’s best to go there for the lastest info, rather than speculate or spread inaccurate information.

Dana W.

Fused Glass Designs

dba Jester’s Baubles

http://jestersbaubles.blogspot.com/

Vital-Spark
    Participant

No one is speculating or spreading inaccurate information that I know of. All of us who are on Bullseye mail list got just the info we all received, including the good news that they are resuming from where they were in February. I for one am happy to pay the 12.5% increase in  prices that will kick in 1st August.

wordana
    Participant

I only pointed out where you can find the most recent, up to date info. Your message prior to my post read, “the cease and desist order is still in place”. So unless you go back and update us all with a new post, some people might think that BE and the DEQ have not come to an agreement to work toward resolution. I pointed people to a link where they can find the most accurate, up-to-date information.

I don’t quite understand the comments about “the industry changing to Uroboros”… Uroboros provides supplemental products to both the 90 COE and 96 COE markets. Most of us, regardless of which COE we work in, have been working with Uroboros’s great products. They are in the process of picking up more of the System 96 line. They have issued a press release on what they can/can’t do: http://www.uroboros.com/announcements.php?id=48

Best, Dana

Fused Glass Designs

dba Jester’s Baubles

1BuddUggly
    Participant

I agree with most everything everyone has written….BUT…keep in mind, these “knuckleheads” knew very well what the EPA required and they didn’t comply.  This has been a train wreck waiting to happen for years, and the glass manufacturers kept kicking the inevitable down the road.  Just when my business starts to take off, I have to face my customers and tell them the bad news.  I blame the manufacturers, for the most part.  I believe no one in the fused glass community would be happy living in the shadows of these plants, being subjected to the heavy metals being released in their proximity.  Confronting the inevitable changes in manufacturing due to environmental issues is not new in our world….it’s financially painful, but you do what you have to do.  If you mess with the EPA, if you decieve the EPA, you have this unfortunate situation happen….guaranteed!

wordana
    Participant

If you will read up on the facts,  you will find that BE and Uroboros have been tested, and found to be in compliance, for many years. IMO, it is the DEQ who was negligent in ensuring that the requirements they had in place were appropriate. They failed to do this and now they are finding a scapegoat in BE. If the DEQ had had proper requirements in place all along, this problem would have been caught early on and never gotten so far out of hand.

Dana W.

Fused Glass Designs

dba Jester’s Baubles

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx