Beginner Boot Camp – March 2014
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- August 29, 2013 at 5:26 am #10015AnonymousInactive
Helios Kiln Glass Studio (the folks who run this site) is offering a Beginner’s Fused Glass Boot Camp in March, 2014.
This class is ideal for:
- Beginners who want a comprehensive start to fused glass.
- Experienced fusers who feel like their fused glass education is a bit spotty and they want to fill in the blanks.
- Folks from outside Austin, Texas who want a world-class start at one of the top fused glass teaching studios (but can’t travel into Austin for classes spread over multiple weeks).
Here are many (but not all) of the things you’ll learn at the Helios Fused Glass Boot Camp:
- Fusing safety
- Basic glass cutting
- Basic fusing concepts (like how glass behaves at different temperatures in a kiln)
- What kinds of of glass that are available to the kiln glass artist.
- Firing schedule fundamentals
- Problem diagnosis and solving
- Flat fusing – and the choices you can about how you fire glass.
- Glass circle cutting
- Textured fusing
- Technique identification
We will also fire up the vitrigraph, provide a slide overview of coldworking, discuss kilns (how they work, selecting one, maintenance, etc.) and more!
You will make over a dozen projects including reference tiles, several completed bowls, and jewelry.
The Helios classroom is well stocked with tools, supplies and glass (including every color and size frit that Bullseye manufactures).
You can learn more here: http://www.heliosglass.com/classes_bootcamp_beginner.htm
Our boot camps always fill so if you are interested you should reserve your spot soon!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.