attaching mini lights to glass creations

Home Forums Glass Fusing Art and Artwork attaching mini lights to glass creations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brigadoon glass
    Participant

I am very new to all of this I am still taking a fusing course but plan to buy a kiln soon.  If I create a glass figure for a garden is there a way to attach a mini light of some sort to the bottom of the figure so that it would light up.  Its just a idea I’ve been thinking about for a project once I get set up.

artglasscat
    Participant

I am just starting a reseach project combining the new stream of artificial lights and fused glass so its an area I’m keenly interested in.  For a garden project – probably the simplest and cheapest approach is to use some of the new solar LED lights on the market.  These are great because you dont have to worry about a power source and if you are creative – you could probably work the solar pannel into the final design of the work…or otherwise …just run the wire across to a sunny part of your garden.  Even solar fairy lights (LED) would work – bunch them up if you want a single stronger light effect.  Depending on the work you make… you could have the light source inside – or if it is solid.. you could have the light coming up from the bottom..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx