Advanced Mold Making & Lost Wax Casting
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- February 16, 2014 at 10:43 pm #10100ljethierParticipantIn this 5 day class you will learn to create complex, 3 dimensional objects in glass with an emphasis on using the lost wax technique and multiple part molds.Linda will share her 30 years of experience casting glass including:
Students will make 2 projects and several samples.Course level: Intermediate$ 850.00 all materials and detailed class notebook included.
- Techniques, tips and tricks for working with wax to create original models for casting. There are times when only lost wax will do the job.
- Refractory mold materials options, when to use which ones and a chance to try them out.
- Mold making techniques; poured/block molds, shell molds, open face plaster molds for thick cast glass, press molds, multiple part reservoir molds and hanging molds for casting solid and hollow core forms.
- The mysteries of sprues, vents, reservoirs, and crucibles explained.
- Glass options for casting; billets, patties, sheet, frits and powders, and reactive glass.
- Making and managing color samples.
- Packing molds
- Kiln theory and setup and firing schedules
- Finishing / coldworking options
Call 503 / 238-5776 or email email@example.com for more information.
2846 NE Glisan Street
Portland, Oregon 97232February 21, 2014 at 4:10 am #13262AnonymousInactive
I cannot recommend Linda’s casting class strongly enough.
She is a fused glass pioneer, has been kiln casting glass longer than just about anyone anywhere, and is an superb teacher. You will not find a more experienced kiln casting artist or more generous instructor.
If you are looking to learn how to cast glass in a kiln you will not find a better opportunity.
Helios Kiln Glass Studio
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.