4 Days. 7 Hours a Day. All the Basics.
Over 12 projects.
Can you imagine a better present?
Our Fused Glass Boot Camp includes all the material in our three core classes (Fused Glass for Beginners, Slumping Draping & Shaping, and Surface Texture) and a good deal more.
This class is ideal for:
- Beginners who want a comprehensive start to fused glass.
- Experienced fusers who feel like their fused glass education is a bit spotty and they want to fill in the blanks.
- Out-of-towners who want a world-class start at one of the top fused glass teaching studios (but can't travel into Austin for classes spread over multiple weeks).
Here are many (but not all) of the things you'll learn at the Helios Fused Glass Boot Camp:
- Fusing safety
- Basic glass cutting
- Basic fusing concepts (like how glass behaves at different temperatures in a kiln)
- What kinds of glass are available to the kilnformed glass artist.
- Firing schedule fundamentals
- Problem diagnosis and solving
- Flat fusing - and the choices you can make when you fire glass.
- Glass circle cutting
- Drop rings
- Textured fusing
- Technique identification
We will also fire up the vitrigraph, provide a slide overview of coldworking, discuss kilns (how they work, selecting one, maintenance, etc.) and more!
You will make over a dozen projects including reference tiles, several completed bowls, and jewelry.
The Helios classroom is well stocked with tools, supplies and glass (including every color and size frit that Bullseye manufactures).
• 4 days of instruction & work time
• All glass and supplies
• Use of necessary tools
• All kiln firings
• Lunch will be provided
||8 students (max)
||$600 Includes all glass. No tools to buy.
To register or ask questions please call:
HELIOS - 512-996-0960
Monday - Friday, Noon - 9 PM
Saturday, 9 AM - 9 PM
Sunday, Noon - 4 PM