New to all this

Hi, I am about to install a 'hobby' kiln into a room in our house. Does any one have any experience of home buildings and contents insurance companies with regard to the installation? The kiln will be on a 240v plug in supply in the uk.  No special electrics required unlike a domestic electric cooker.  Any help would be appreciated.