Question about stainless steel bowl mold.

Again...I am brand new at this fusing (been doing stained glass for many, many years) and I have a stainless steel bowl that I have fused some glass for and now I want to slump it.  My question is do I put the fused piece on the top inside of the bowl? Or turn the bowl over and put it on the outside of the bowl? Also can I use Bullseye paper instead of kiln wash?

The shape of the bowl will

The shape of the bowl will have an effect on the decision.  The steeper it is the more likely you need to drape over.  However drapes over steep shapes tend to give drapery effects.

Thin fire will not reallty be suitable for this kind of mould.  The steel will need coating with a separator whether using the in or out side.

Stephen Richard

blogs at: and

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.